pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan not emailing me
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:48:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:44:53 +0000, David Shochat wrote:

>>> ... That's why I'm
>>> thinking you'd be happier with one of the newer terms. -- David
>>
>>      I've been meaning to try a bunch; I even have an icon on a panel
>> on one of these machines that gives me a list of them ... You know how
>> that goes. Clue, please?
>
> Ok, I'll give you one suggestion. The one I'm using, is called simply
> "Terminal", but it looks like the executable name is xfce4-terminal. It
> has a menu bar like a modern app and you can set things like color and
> font preferences using Edit->Preferences. I'm running XFCE desktop, but
> I don't see why you'd have to. It looks like in Ubuntu, the package name
> is simply xfce4-terminal. Here is the package description:
> ------------------------------
> Xfce terminal emulator
> This package contains Terminal, which is a lightweight and easy to use
> terminal emulator for X11. It was created to fit nicely into the Xfce
> desktop environment, but it also fits nice with other environments.
>
> For people that already know GNOME 2 terminal and are searching for a
> lighter but comparable replacement, Terminal might be the answer.

address@hidden .pan2]# yum install xfce4-terminal
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package xfce4-terminal available.
Nothing to do
address@hidden .pan2]

        So it's not in the repos. I went looking for an rpm, or even a
tarball (I've sometimes had success with some of the older ones; dunno
straight up about the newer formats). But I haven't found one so far.

        One of the people on VTLUUG is singing the praises of an app
called simply screen; I suspect, looking at the config file before I even
read his stuff, that it's pretty well over my head; but he's right about
one thing -- it's already installed in my distro (Fedora 10). Whaddaya
think?

        Btw, Gnome Preferences had a fatal bug last time I looked --
trying to open it produced a crash and a bugbuddy report. So I may have
to stick with what I have till some developer gets to it ...