pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Aaarrrgghhh! Whahoppena Terminal??

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Aaarrrgghhh! Whahoppena Terminal??
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:32:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:16:57 -0600, Gerald L wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>>      For a while, /home/btth/bin had an extra copy of alpine-helper,
>> with a tilde after it -- created by telling kwrite to save. I got rid
>> of that (which, btw, was openable with gedit, though the original is
>> not), and emptied Fedora's trash.
>>
>>      And trying to email from  Pan is still a crapshoot -- with loaded
>> dice. What am I missing??
>>

> What's the output of:
>
> ls -l /home/btth/bin
>
> ?

        Answer : weirdness -- it seems as if it tries to run as well as
list it.

address@hidden ~]$ ls -l /home/btth/bin
total 4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 btth btth 143 2009-03-06 13:26 alpine_helper.pl
[1]+  Done                    alpine_helper.pl mailto:address@hidden
address@hidden ~]$

        Note that "total 4" -- if I go to a bare desktop, open btth's
home directory, and then bin, I see only the one file.