pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan brings PC to a standstill

From: The GUIGuy
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan brings PC to a standstill
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:08:02 +1100

I'd been using Pan for about a year, but it has progressively become more and more unusable.

Now if I get it to download the latest headers from a group and if there are more than 500 or so headers, Pan starts thrashing the hard disk, locking up resources and generally making the PC unusable.

As an experiment I let it run and it was still doing its stuff about three hours later.

Is this a known issue or am I on my lonesome here?

Thanks

Pierre