pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Rui Maciel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:42:49 +0000

On 03/23/2012 06:24 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:

Actually, it's quite reasonable from the proper POV.  In business,
everything is filed in reverse chronological order and people become
accustomed to seeing things that way.  Very large numbers of people use
Outlook every day for business correspondence, and for them, top posting
is natural and intuitive.

I don't find it reasonable at all. In fact, it goes against the very fundamental form we read or write any text, which is by starting at the top and ending at the bottom. I believe all established forms of textual communication on the web, including all sorts of web forums, IM, comment sections and even social networking stuff, follow this basic principle, and people do business through these things. So, why is it suddenly reasonable to break away from this practice with email?

Rui Maciel