pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...

From: Thufir
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:35:55 -0700

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:17:10 -0500, Ima Afrotrap wrote:

>   My problem - I add my news server to pan and it of course starts to
>   fetch all
> the groups on that server. Being on dial-up this can be slow, but in 18
> years of it I've learned patience.

Well, don't do that ;)

Perhaps this is OT, or too much, or, maybe, it's exactly what you need:
leafnode.

Leafnode will download as a cron job, if you like.  You can also set it
to just fetch headers.  it's a mini-NNTP server.

What you could do is to set leafnode to get just headers, then when you
mark an article in pan leafnode will (later) download that article.

Or, depending on your connection, you could set one or two groups to
download header & body.

HTH,

Thufir