pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...

From: Graham P Davis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 18:35:04 +0100

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:22:55 +0100
Maurice Batey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:25:21 +0100, Graham P Davis wrote:
>
> > I don't know where you saw that Claws uses mbox directories. It uses
> > the MH format, not mbox.
>
>   Looking in File-> Import (in version 3.7.5), the options shown are:
>
>      - Import mbox file
>      - Export to mbox file
>      - Export selected to mbox file
>
> I.e. no mention of anything but mbox.
>    (My Kmail email message base is in maildir form.)
>
> 'Add mailbox' offers no choice other than 'MH'(which I see is
> "similar" to maildir.)
>
>    So if I started with MH, there would likely be problems returning
> to a 'maildir' world, as claws will apparently only export as 'mbox'.
>
> Perhaps there are mbox<-->maildir converters around, but I have not
> seen enough yet to convert me to the claws world (which does
> otherwise look quite neat).

Kmail used to export mbox folders amongst other things but I can't see
that feature in Kmail2.

Kmail2 imports mbox and many other formats including Sylpheed, which is
what Claws used to be, so importing MH files direct may also be
possible.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 12.1 (64-bit); KDE 4.7.4;