pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Errors when compiling latest git-hub version of Pan2

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Errors when compiling latest git-hub version of Pan2
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:37:30 +0000 (UTC)

George Czerw posted on Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:05:42 -0400 as excerpted:

> On Saturday, March 31, 2012 01:20:57 pm Heinrich Mueller wrote:

> Yeah, I did that and got Pan 0.136 GIT 72905f5 running.  What I don't
> understand is why I got no errors when compiling Pan 0.135 GIT 0a70b74
> on the same system back in September 1911?

_19_11??  /That/ would explain!!!  ... And I thought I was bad still
trying to write the _year_ before in March and April, never mind the
century or millennium! =:^)  (Actually, I had the 19... problem along
about 2008 or so, IIRC.)

Anyway, there have been quite some changes since Sept, _20_11.  IIRC
Heinrich's experimental repo (originally on github) with all the new
goodies in it was only merged to pan's official gnome-hosted git after
the new year, tho it's possible I'm mistaken on that as I didn't actually
with them a lot of new and refactored code.  So if you last pulled pan's
official git before that merge, it's no wonder at all that you're having
problems now that didn't exist then.  The code back then was pretty much
the same code, but for minor updates, that it was when Charles left it at
about 0.132 era, if not earlier.  Now, there's whole new major features,
etc, bringing in whole new dependencies, etc, as well.

AFAIK the dbus code supports pan's optional new systray icon and/or
notifications feature.  So yes, it's new code that wouldn't have been
there back in Sept, 2011.  As Heinrich says tho, it's configure-script
optional.