pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 18:34:51 +0200

On Mon 01 Oct 2012 at 11:43:08 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> But usenetbucket's devs apparently didn't read past "null", and took it
> to be "null-as-in-byte-0x00".

> I've often wondered just how often that ambiguity causes issues.  Here we
> have a case in point!

Another issue that seems to confuse many people is that the character
with value 0 is called NUL, with one L, and not NULL, or null, or
anything else with 2 ls. All control characters 0-31 have 3 character
uppercase names. So if the RFC says "null", that also means it can't be
"NUL".

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor