pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:45:28 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Berjón Díez posted on Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:40:45 +0100 as excerpted:

> On 4 December 2013 21:31, SciFi <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> Due to my own updates, mainly Perl from ActiveState.com which I've
>> installed such that almost all system tasks use it rather than the
>> Fruit-provided ones, and other such mods, in order to get ahead of the
>> vendor-provided versions of the open-source components of OSX for
>> security fixes and other reasons, well, I cannot run Fink nor Macports
>> properly if at all.
>
> I am not sure of how well do they support Snow Leopard, but you might
> want to try Homebrew ( http://brew.sh ) instead. Even if the
> distribution-provided packages do not run well in your system, it is
> easy to adapt/write your own formulas and it helps you keep your
> directory structure sane and maintainable.

That was it!  Homebrew was the third ports collection that I was talking
about, newer than the others and, from what little I've seen on it,
generally easier to setup, tho of course if people already have either
macports or fink setup and are comfortable with them, homebrew would be
harder than keeping what they already have.