pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)

From: Daniel Berjón Díez
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 00:26:59 +0100

On 5 December 2013 20:45, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
> That was it!  Homebrew was the third ports collection that I was talking
> about, newer than the others and, from what little I've seen on it,
> generally easier to setup, tho of course if people already have either
> macports or fink setup and are comfortable with them, homebrew would be
> harder than keeping what they already have.

Yes, I did not mention it in the other thread because the OP seemed to
be looking for a ready-made Pan binary rather than a building system,
since he "did not want to go through the motions with Fink". Homebrew
builds (almost) everything from source, so you need to have Xcode or
at the very least the Xcode Command Tools in order to install most
things.