pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft??

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft??
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:37:31 +0000 (UTC)

George Czerw posted on Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:02:43 -0500 as excerpted:

> Knocking-on-wood, so far, I have had no problems with kMail.

If your mail servers are all IMAP and/or if you don't do a lot of moving
between folders on the local side, I expect it'll work reasonably well,
without the issues I found most frustrating as all my mail servers are
POP3, meaning local message folders only, and I do enough post-receive
filtering and reorganizing that I was sensitive to mails I already had
locally getting lost when I tried to move them between folders.

(Generally, I could recover the "lost" mail by removing and re-adding the
related local akonadi resource, so it reindexed everything including what
it "lost", but the point is, I shouldn't have to do that.  Moving mail
between folders should just work, and when it didn't, I got rid of that
mail client as fast as I would a filesystem where moving files between
folders would sometimes lose them, until I umounted and did an fsck to
find them again!)