pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft??

From: George Czerw
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Resume draft??
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:28:49 -0500

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 04:51:11 PM you wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:55:23 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> > George Czerw posted on Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:24:40 -0500 as excerpted:
> >>
> >> On Pan's main screen, Click on Post, Post to Newsgroup, Open Draft
> >
> > Thanks.  Correct.
>
>       Well, correct inasmuch as it's not wrong; but it left out a step,
> which took me a while to find. After the second click, you have to click
> on File in the upper left corner to get the option to get to Open Draft.
>
>       Odd it seems to me that the option should be under File and only
> File; I looked first under Edit ....
>
>       As to the side-issue, are both of you familiar with Alpine? I'm
> still using it (for everything *but* gmane/usenet), and it's still robust.

Sorry, I don't mean to be argumentative, but in the version of PAN that I'm
using (0.139 -  GIT bf56508), when I click on Post, Post to Newsgroup, PAN
opens up the Post Article window, in which (beneath  File  Edit) is displayed
a horizontal row of 8 distinct Icon buttons which have the following labels:
Send Article, Send and Save Articles to NZB, Save Draft, Open Draft, Wrap
Text, Rot 13, Run Editor, Add Files to Queue.  (Which is why I posted the
instructions that I gave you.)  Below that row of Icon buttons are the three
tabs labeled Message, More Headers and File Queue.

While I could have told you to click on File, Open Draft, I really didn't
think to do that because the Open Draft Icon Button was staring right at me.

Perhaps the compiled version of PAN that you are using displays differently.
Not being clairvoyant, I could only offer instruction on what I am looking at
on my display.