pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: jbig2dec now licensed GPLv2 or later

From: jemarch
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: jbig2dec now licensed GPLv2 or later
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 08:38:09 +0100

Hi Ralph.

   You asked a few months ago about using the jbig2dec library with
   libgnupdf. I'm pleased to announce that we've now changed the
   copyright license to "GNU GPL v2 or later" and so the code is
   now GPLv3 compatible. We'd be happy to have it included in the
   new GNU PDF library.

Wonderful news! Many thanks to you and to artofcode. Now we can write
support for the jbig2 filter using your decoder and the
apache-licensed encoder.

   The change is only in the source repository at the moment. I can do a
   new release now if that's important for you; otherwise the new license
   will be part of the next regular release in a few months.

Please dont change your release scheduling. We can use the svn
version.

Thanks again!

--
José E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>