pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] jbig2dec now licensed GPLv2 or later

From: Ralph Giles
Subject: [pdf-devel] jbig2dec now licensed GPLv2 or later
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:39:38 -0800

Jose,

You asked a few months ago about using the jbig2dec library with
libgnupdf. I'm pleased to announce that we've now changed the
copyright license to "GNU GPL v2 or later" and so the code is
now GPLv3 compatible. We'd be happy to have it included in the
new GNU PDF library.

The change is only in the source repository at the moment. I can do a
new release now if that's important for you; otherwise the new license
will be part of the next regular release in a few months.

Announcement here:
http://ghostscript.com/pipermail/jbig2-cvs/2007-November/000387.html

Source code here:
svn co http://svn.ghostscript.com/jbig2dec/trunk/ jbig2dec