pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:19:20 +0100

Hi Vivek.

   For using libtiff library i will have to create Dummy TIFF and
   TIFFDirectory structures which will not be possible if i link to
   tiff lib as TIFFDirectory is a hidden structure.

So access to internal structures is needed in order to access the fax
encoder/decoder in libtiff?

   I will have to integrate libtiff and compile it with gnupdf library
   .  Will it be ok?

Well, we would want to avoid it if possible.

Can you take a look to
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/panda/images.c?revision=1.74&root=panda&view=markup
and see the way panda uses libtiff to decode CCITT 3/4 data? That file
is including <tiffio.h>.

Thanks.