pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] CCITT Filters
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:10:30 +0100

Hi Vivek.

   I have checked few utilities which are using libTiff decoding images
   compressed by CCITT stnd are all using it's internal structures. I have
   attached fax2tiff.c file with the mail, which comes with libTiff library
   source.

   In fax2tiff a fax file is being read and converted into a TIFF image. This
   is a scenario similar to what we have to do for decoding the stream read
   from a PDF file.
   In copyFaxFile function, directly internal structures are accessed for
   decoding.

   The problem in case of decoding as mentioned in my previous mail is that
   all  it's internal structure won't get initialised properly since we are not
   working with proper TIFF Image  format.
   libTiff is designed to decode a TIFF image, if we want to decode non TIFF
   source then we will have to access it's internal structures.

   Please advice. I am stuck here and not able to proceed.

   I even tried to find some other library but all implementations are mostly
   using libTiff only.

Would be enough to distribute header files from libtiff? In that case
we could distribute the internal headers in libgnupdf/lib/

What do you think?