[Phpgroupware-developers] email fixes and questions

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] email fixes and questions
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 02:35:02 +0000

So I finally did some bug squashing. Longstanding stupid error on UWash imap
folder
listing is fixed.

Also, thanks skeeter for the GLOBALS change over. I corrected some typo's your
regex
left behind. Very clean search and replace you have.
Additionally, as you know I am devoted to once and for all writting a LGPL php
based
 intermediary between the email client developer and the email server (we call
this
"email" here). This is my syntax for "web service", "three tier" etc. Work
continues
nicely on the socket classes, I have to finish IMAP socket class in progress.

At that point it will be irrelevant if the server has IMAP compiled in or not,
increasing the sucess rate across different installs. Also, as I mentioned
before,
the POP3 socket class (still needs tweaking) does so much of the work that an
IMAP
server would do that it can handle mail from just about any source imaginable
with
little modification, and the mail client would notice no difference. Later, NNTP
should be supported within the mail client (socket or php native).

With so many email clients (web based in particular) will my efforts ever be to
anyone's benefit? I didn't read the 150 page uwash imap c-client code for
nothing, I
hope :)
--
that's "angle" as in geometry