Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] adressbook-normalization

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] adressbook-normalization
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:39:13 +0100

> Also, there is demand for mailing lists. The email code part
> of this is not a problem, the question is what app should
> handle the mailing lists.

Many things that are quite trivial for small lists become much
more difficult than you would expect for big mailing lists. In
the GNu system, we have a web-based application for handling
these things: GNU Mailman, see http://list.org

I propose that instead of starting a new mailing list program,
it would be much better to add an XML-RPC interface to Mailman.

> I suggest that since the addressbook already has email
> address, and a mailing list is juat a collection of email
> addresses, then the addressbook app should handle the creation
> and storing of mailing lists.

I propose that the addressbook app would talk to Mailman via
XML-RPC for this.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com