Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question for the Pros

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question for the Pros
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:52:23 +0000

in IE I sometimes have problems with attachments too, but it has to do with IE
not
allowing me to save it and insisting on opening it in IE instead.  zip and exe
and
such are fine, it's txt, html and doc I have trouble with.

On the other hand, it's a very bad idea to use /home for the files.  For it to
work
at all the home dirs will have to be world writeable, and if there is a shell
access this is very very bad.  The /files that is recomended is reletive to the
phpgw install, so it may actually be /var/www/html/phpgroupware/files on the
system.  Unless you do not allow shell and/or ftp access to the server, using
/home
is a huge security risk and is very much not recomended.