Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question for the Pros

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Question for the Pros
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:53:00 +0000

Joel Webb (address@hidden) wrote*:

>I am pretty sure the code is right. I guess my real question is:
>
>1. What is the purpose of /files in the phpGW config and where should this be
>located at?
>
>2. Does this have to be located on the root directory like the config suggests?
>
>3. What permissions does the directory need?

1) I still think you should look at: /email/doc/FAQ.txt
It deals some with this, because when you attach a file to an email, that file
gets
uploaded to the location you are asking about.

I think this "files" location was first used by the old filemanager, and then
as a
place to upload attachments for outgoing emails.

Now, I understand we are going to have a "virtual filesystem" that resides in
the
database (is this correct?) whence it will be easier for people to save
attachments
to this "virtual" location, and probably deal with security issues too (???)

2 and 3) As for location, I put mine in /var just because it seems its size
will be
quite variable (probably just growing, though :) but see that FAQ.txt file for
some
*brief* information on permissions.
--
that's "angle" as in geometry