Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Found a Bug

From: Tony (Angles) Puglisi
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Found a Bug
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:34:55 +0000

ok, when you request a file (an attachment) for download, the server
(phpgroupware)
sends out some HTTP headers to the client so the client (your IE5.5) knows what
do with the file.

We're talking about these http headers (stuff in brackets [] is like a variable
that gets replaced):

ISSUE IS THIS: I checked the browser class (which sends out the headers) then
tested this for myself
(1) the browser class detects IE5.5 (or higher?) browser
(2) the browser class DELETES the word 'attachment' in the headers it sends out
those IE5.5 browsers.

So I tested sending the headers "by hand" and I can verify that IF you include
that
word 'application' in the headers sent to IE6 (in my case), then you get a
series
of about 4 or 5 dialog boxes asking you whether to open, save, etc..., one after
the other. So then I deleted the word 'application' from the headers and IE6 got
nicer, just one or two dialog boxes, and somethimes no dialog box at all.

I believe this is the issue here. How to solve it I'm not sure.