Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap support

From: Tarjei Huse
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap support
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:39:22 +0100

Hi,

Take a look at rolodap for one example of a ldap address book w/ private books.
I'm not perfectly satisfied with it but it could form a starting point.
> Can't organizational units be the basis for group addressbooks and personal
Yes this is IMHO the best way.
> addressbooks.  I guess you need administrator priviledges to set up
This depends on the privileges of the parent ou. So if all users can write to
the global address book, then the user can write to his addressbook. Then you
now got the problem that the user can write to _all_ addressbooks. This could
probably be solved using ACLs with regular expressions in openldap, but I don't
know how easy this would be with other servers.

Tarjei