Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scalability, Server Farms, KDE Plugins

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scalability, Server Farms, KDE Plugins
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:42:26 +0000

If you don't use php4 sessions or cookies you can easly run 2 web servers
server-
farm style with one mysql DB backend.  In this way, the user session is in the
url
and the db, so the web server doesn't care as long the db says it's a valid
session.

You can also run 2 databases off one phpgw install using "domains".

And of course running 2 phpgw installs on 2 db's off the same webserver is no
problem at all.