Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scalability, Server Farms, KDE Plugins

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scalability, Server Farms, KDE Plugins
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:24:29 +0000

SI Reasoning (address@hidden) wrote*:

>It shouldn't take several copies of MySql since vmware versions can talk
>between themselves and the host. The issue was that he wanted to run a stable
>version and developer version at the same time, if I recall. I forgot of what
>though....

it is was, and there is no vmware needed...unless you like wasting system
resources.
 I was saying that the only reason you would want to run it in a vmware is if
you
wanted to seperate copy of mysql and apache for some reason.  And even then,
with a
little command line trickery you could run 2 seperate instances of both mysql
and
apache.