Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] FeLaMiMail and tnef attachments

From: larry campbell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] FeLaMiMail and tnef attachments
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:25:12 -0500 (CDT)

> see this is the fun part.  tnef is only in Outlook, not OE,
> and only happens for those things that only Outlook is meant
> to understand and also for the Rich Text emails.  Ask M$
> about tnef?  they'll tell you to ignore it and only read the
> text part that is sent with it, after all, that's what OE
> does.

ha, well, I'm concerned about the attachments people send -
these all get encapsulated in the 'winmail.dat'.

Also, It is just OL that tnef's (for now!).  I try to train my
users and friends to only send plain text, but I'm getting
tired of hearing myself say "sorry, couldn't read your mail,
send it plain text".  (and then the 15 minute phone
conversation on how to make their client DO that).

> Actually, there was a nice descusion on this not long ago,
> don't recall the outcome but it doesn't seems to have
> produced specs on tnef.

Hmm, I've got savannah's archive list and don't really see a
whole lot of discussion on tnef or winmail.dat.  Do you know of
any other (maybe older?) archives?  Thanks.