[Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:39:48 -0600

I'm tying to figure out why passwords created by phpgw with ldap
authentication don't seem to work.  Anything using PAM for authentication
works just fine, but the passwords created by phpgw don't work for ldap
authentication.  Does anyone here have this working?  Is there something
missconfigured in my LDAP server? I'm using md5 passwords.

Here's what the passwords look like.  Password is "test" not that that
matters.

Created from phpgw:

{crypt}$1$I84UFcFn$LyVZ6pVkPxaRjJyvY6wwT0

Created with slappasswd -s test -h {crypt} -c '$1$%.8s'

{CRYPT}$19JEJTylB1.M

PAM doesn't seem to have a problem either way, but openLdap 2.0.27 can't use
the one created from phpgw.

Any idea what the problem is?

...Izzy