Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 11:38:08 -0600

On Friday 11 Apr 2003 12:56 pm, Lars Kneschke(priv.) wrote:
> Izzy Blacklock <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >I'm tying to figure out why passwords created by phpgw with ldap
> >authentication don't seem to work.  Anything using PAM for
> >authentication
> >works just fine, but the passwords created by phpgw don't work for
> >ldap
> >authentication.  Does anyone here have this working?  Is there
> >something
> >missconfigured in my LDAP server? I'm using md5 passwords.
> >
> >Here's what the passwords look like.  Password is "test" not that that
> >
> >matters.
> >
> >Created from phpgw:
> >
> >{crypt}$1$I84UFcFn$LyVZ6pVkPxaRjJyvY6wwT0
> >
> >Created with slappasswd -s test -h {crypt} -c '$1$%.8s'
> >
> >{CRYPT}$19JEJTylB1.M
> >
> >PAM doesn't seem to have a problem either way, but openLdap 2.0.27
> >can't use
> >the one created from phpgw.
> >
> >Any idea what the problem is?
>
> Some months ago openssl's crypt function was broken. Make sure you have the
> latest openssl.

Thanks for the tip Lars,

I'm currently fighting my way through an update of openssl.  I was running
0.9.6g.  I tried 0.9.7b, but can't get apache to run with it.  Everything
compiles and the library is created, but I apachectl startssl doesn't start
httpd and the following error shows up in error_log:

Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

I've recompiled twice now, without any change and no errors during build.  I'm
trying again with the 0.9.6j version of openssl.  Anyone else tried 0.9.7b?

...Izzy