Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw password creation for ldap buggy?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:59:07 -0600

On April 14, 2003 10:51 am, Lars Kneschke(priv.) wrote:
> Izzy Blacklock <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >On Sunday 13 Apr 2003 3:53 am, Lars Kneschke(priv.) wrote:
> >
> >Are you sure about the way PAM is authenticating?  My experiance seems
> >contradict this.  What I've found is that if the password was created
> >via
> >phpgw, I can't login to phpgw and manually trying to search ldap with
> >the
> >user's credentials also fails.  Here's my command and the output:
> >
> >address@hidden (~)$ ldapsearch -D uid=izzyb,ou=Users,dc=edm,dc=ccs -W
> >uid=izzyb
> >Enter LDAP Password:
> >ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
>
> But you can use this account(izzyb) for ssh nad imap?

Yes, no problems at all.  Obviousely PAM_LDAP isn't authenticating via ldap
using the account credentials.  It must be reading the password and doing
it's own check.  Given that you aren't having any problems using the password
change in phpgw, it must be something in my openLDAP configuration or compile
options.  I'll look into it further when I get a chance.

...Izzy