Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Do

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Documentor
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:09:07 +1200

I totally agree with what Dan has written here.  I think that the phpgw
community has got off on the wrong foot with these guys through a number of
misunderstandings.  This sort of miscommunication happens all the time in
written communication due to the lack of the non-verbal aspects of
communication (and with english not been a first language it can make it even
harder).

Personally, I see Probiz and other commercial companies as been incredibly
important to phpgw and embracing these companies will cause phpgw to develop
into something much bigger and better than what can be achieved without.  The
more full-time paid developers etc that we have working on phpgw the better -
and if these developers are self-employed individuals, volunteers, or
developers working for a commerical organisation then who really cares.  With
the one proviso, that all copyrights are assigned to FSF and all CVS commits
are stuff the community wants.  Probiz seem to be happy with both of these
points and so I can't see what the problem is - in fact I can't see why we
are not cheering them on! :)

Regards
--
David Kelly