Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] election update

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] election update
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:22:53 -0700

Dave Hall wrote:

Hi all,

After some discuss with people, and feedback on the lists, we have
decided to alter the voting system.  See below for info:
I didnt see any discussion on the list about the changes you are mentioning.

Nominatations - 1 to 7 Sept 2003
Anyone can nominate, but for that nomination to be considered valid a
copyright assignment must be received by the FSF by close of business
Friday 5 September 2003.
1) This locks out anyone who volunteers on documentation or translation, sinc ethey dont usually assign copyrights to those things 2) Why have just any old person be able to vote? I think it should at least be limited to recognized contributors. Letting anyone vote will lead to chaos. It could allow someone with several email addresses to sign up to the mailing list and vote many times. A person could even just create some hotmail and yahoo mail accounts for this. Its simply a chaotic and unnessesary thing to do. There are very many contributors, well enough to keep it limited to them. Even if they only contribute in small ways. Ceb has indicated she has some disagreements with this as well, so we can see what she also has to say.

Voting - 9 to 15 September
The delay of one day is to allow verification of the assignments for
each nominee.
All times (except for the assignment deadline) are 0000UTC.

I hope this deals with everyone's concerns.
Not mine :-p
One more point. I want it to be clear, that this is not for some personal gain. Since Im one of the founding four, and as such have a permenent position in the CT, I am not up for any election. My misgivings are purely to keep this somewhat sane and fair.

Dan