Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] election update

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] election update
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:21:01 -0700

Luca's email about not wanting to assign to the FSF is a good example of someone who is a contributor, and wont ever have his stuff assigned to the FSF. This is not a reason he should ever be excluded from everything.

I will say, that its probably fine to require any modifications to the api or existing apps, to have that stuff assigned. But any new apps that are GPL'd have no reason to be locked out from the project simply because the author wants to maintain copyright.

Dan

Dan Kuykendall wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> wrong

I just looked and this would mean 28 people can vote for the 7 positions.I dont really see anyone missing from that list that is a contributor I know of.

So in short, I think ceb has a good plan

Not all of the "28" have assigned copyright or are "being activelly
developing phpgroupware currently"

Whats the hangup of having the copyright assigned?
Its starting to annoy me that you harp on this so much and are trying to make it a requirement to even being able to vote. Code is no less contributed if its not assigned to the FSF, so far as the project is really concerned. I agree its an important thing to get done, but give it a rest.

Dan