[Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal to add inter-app linking system to AP

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Proposal to add inter-app linking system to API
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:27:44 +0000

This has been bounced around before and I think everyone agrees that it has
potential for being very useful

Since there hasn't been much activity on it and I've been playing with infolog
and it's linking system, I propose that the infolog linking system (which is
already in a separate class under the infolog directory) be moved into the
api.

Basically, it uses one table (phpgw_links) to maintain links between records
in two apps.

A hook is provided by each app that wants to allow linking to it's records

Another hook is provided by each app that wants to allow listings of it's
records by other apps.

I have used it for timetrack and it works.

I envision the ability of multiple apps to become different views into the
data and this should lead to that.

Consider this email as a proposal to the coordination team (if that is
necessary).