RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] XSLT-version

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] XSLT-version
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:59:12 +0200

> Disclaimers:
> * These are my own personal opinions

These are my personal opinions (independend of pb).

> State of 0.9.16 branch:
> * Some bugs to be fixed
> * feature frozen
> * Has some nice features in it
> * Lots of feature patches floating around

also pb has made a lot of changes to 0.9.16 within
the pb internal cvs, because pb could not at
new features to the frozen 0.9.16.

> State of HEAD branch
> * Generally behind 16 for apps
> * API is a mish mash of 14 and new features
> * Few 16 security issues fixed
> * Actively developed by 2 people (Sigurd and ceb)

I thought Sigurd has moved to nextgen?

My personal solution to this situation is:

- Check out 0.9.16
- Check out the head branch
- copy everything from 0.9.16 into head
- for the case there is some interest also add the pb changes already made
and checkin to head
- make the whole thing running
- checkin head branch
- continue development on head for 0.9.18 (this includes making XSLT things
working again when required).

Any pros and cons to this?

Greetings

   Kai / PowerStat

Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch:
        SYSTEMS 2004: probusiness in Halle B3, Stand 345
        LinuxWorld 2004: probusiness in Halle 4, Stand B06

Besuchen Sie ausserdem unsere Technologietage
am 05.10./07.10./21.10.04 in Hannover, Dresden und Berlin