RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:08:21 +0000

> As quality coordinator of the project (sic!) I have to vote for immediate
> fixes of php syntax errors, formal xhtml compliance errors and other purely
> formal code errors as soon as they may be found; without going through a big
> "ask me first" process. It would be a good idea to send a mail to the
> maintainer announcing the fix incl. the diff. Any changes to the code *apart
> from purely formal fixes*, i.e. anything that changes the functionality,
> design, ... features of the code must of course be done only with explicit
> permission of the maintainer or must be submitted via the patch tracker.

I agree with that. Personnally, I change sometimes lang files to correct bugs,
add missing phrases, translations, etc ... I don't see myself sending a mail
to the maintainer each time I do that, it's simply a big loss of time !

> And yes, there are projekcts in which these error corrections do NOT fork
> off a big discussion about "someone has touched MY code!".

Yes, if you want to know who has changed your code, and what he has done, you
have the tracker ML, isn't that what it must be used for ?

> Think about it: from the outside this does not look like a real team; but
> like a bunch of people not trusting each other.
>
> [Kai]:
> > > My point is that your behaviour is like a pool of single
> > developers -
> > > where everyone will fight his area.
>
> Yes, sometimes it looks like it. I'm not very hapy about it.

Me too. All that is not good for the project.