Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHPDocs for head
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:04:56 +1000

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 13:20 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> Kia, the problem isn't that you are fixing things, the problem is that
> you have stepped on toes by committing fixes to maintained projects
> without asking the author.  As far as you know the author had already
> fixed or even obsoleted the code.  I never saw you say "hey I'm gonna
> run 'php -l' on all the code I document, anyone mind if I commit minor
> syntactical sugar fixes?"
>
> I don't know if this "rule" is written anywhere, it just seems like
> the proper way to me.  The code very well need fixed, but it's not
> your code and no one said "sure, commit whatever the hell you want".
> To do so would also be quite bad for the project as you'd have 2
> developers rolling back each others changes in a fight over the
> "right" way to do something.

Point 3 of phpgwapi/doc/etiquette.txt covers it pretty well :)

Kai has had this pointed out to him several times in the past.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy