Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PGW in multi-location setup

From: Alfonso Guerra
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PGW in multi-location setup
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:26:10 -0400

Gentelmen,

I hope we can keep this discussion on-list as we're doing the same here.

Alfonso

G'day!

From: Thomas Bott [mailto:address@hidden

We are going to integrate pgw and tested it so far in one
location [head office]. Now we are about to begin the next
step and are going to run pgw in a second location. We are
looking for a 2-way-replication for addressbook, calendar,
infolog, ... and a one-way-replication for user-, group,
acl-management. Later on, all 9 locations should replicate
their application data and recieve user-, group- and ACL
information from one location only, the head office.

Interesting coincitence... We are working on an offline-client concept (and
implementation) at the moment.
This looks quite similar: notebooks have their own phpGW installation,
application data can be synced bidirectional where ACL and user data can be changed only on the master server. Works mostly already for mail, contacts and calendaring, other modules are planned but not implemented. And it's
alpha phase, not beta or stable.

But the basic requirements sound similar.

Kai Hofmann (aka powerstat) will contact you soon for further details.

Regards

bofh42 aka Christian Böttger