[phpGroupWare-developers] Tracing/integrating items from different appli

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Tracing/integrating items from different applications
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:49:54 -0700 (MST)

repost:
Hi all,

I have an simple idea of how to integrate applications with each other - which
already is implemented in 'property'.

I have a many-to-many relation that allows linking both ways to/from origin and
destination.

As an example I can start reports, orders, deviation and so on...(configurable)
from a ticket.
Each item started from the ticket will be represented by a link to the item
(organized by type) - and from the destination item - there will be a link back
to the ticket.

this is the table for property:

'origin' => array('type' => 'varchar',
'origin_id' => array('type' => 'int',
'destination' => array('type' => 'varchar'
'destination_id' => array('type' => 'int'
'user_id' => array('type' => 'int',
'entry_date' => array('type' => 'int',

How about having this feature as a part of the API?

The origin could be acl-locations within applications. One could also define
standard methods for returning certain data at this locations (as budget or
something)

I could need this feature for starting items from the native phpgw app
'projects' from within property's project when using internal resources.

Regards

Sigurd.

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org