Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Tracing/integrating items from differe

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Tracing/integrating items from different applications
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:00:51 +1100

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 11:26 +0100, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> Dave Hall wrote:
> > Hi Sigurd
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 11:34 -0700, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> >> If no one stop me - I will start to implement tracking/linking of
> >> items across apps (in HEAD).
> >

> > Sorry for not replying earlier, things have been a little crazy.
> >
> > I support this idea, but I think we need to come up with clearly defined
> > and consistent ways of doing the following:
> >
> > * Enforcing ACLs of linked app
> >
> > * Listing/Searching for items to link to
> >
> > * Displaying linked items in both apps
> >
> > * Linking to multiple data types in 1 app
> >
> > So long as this can all be dealt with I have no problems with this going
> > into HEAD/18.
> >

> The three first points is easy - to deal with the last one (multiple
> data types) - I think it is doable by define an appropriate method to
> the location within the application in table phpgw_acl_location.

Hmmm.  Maybe this will work, but we would also need to define consistent
data structures.

Maybe we should look at modifying the IPC code to achieve this while
keeping the existing IPC functionality.  The down side are that the IPC
stuff is not well documented as far as how to use the code and it is
unmaintained.

If it is location based then it should deal with 4 properly too.  The
down side is in an app like TTS where the various locations simply
indicate different ticket types.  All of the ticket type logic is in the
app, and so we would end up with duplicate data as all ticket types
would use the same functions.

> I want this working with the app 'projects' - and I'm in a process of
> cleaning out notices in HEAD. However - there seems to be missing some
> template-files, is there someone having this files available?

Maybe ceb is watching and will jump in - it is her app :)

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
e address@hidden
w phpgroupware.org
j address@hidden
sip address@hidden
|_|         |_|                         |_|Web based collaboration platform