RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Organising apps in svn

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Organising apps in svn
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:11:06 +0200

Le vendredi 02 mai 2008 à 15:51 +0200, Sigurd Nes a écrit :

> There has been som mention of grouping apps into something as:
> * Core - the core modules which should be installed for all installs
> * Maintained - actively maintained and developed modules
> * supported - gets security and critical bug fixes
> * Orphaned - use at own risk
>
> I think this is a good structure - and if others also others agree on this
> one - we should decide upon which apps falls into which group.
>
> trunk and future versions
>
> Regards
>
> Sigurd

Just a quick comment (from a third party ;).

I seem to recall that "core" was mentioned previously as being the set
of "core groupware applications" that make phpgroupware a groupware
solution.

So maybe it does mean email + calendar + addressbook, etc., and not just
the api + complementary libs that other modules need for running/

In what you describe, I believe the categorization is drawn more with
respect to QA (maintainability status), rather than features... but I'm
not sure I got it right.

Is this what you were thinking of ?

Best regards,
--