RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Organising apps in svn

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Organising apps in svn
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:49:05 +1000

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 11:36 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> [...]

It won't actually solve the problem of how long it takes to create clean
patches.  It will save some time, but not a lot.  Changing the resight
tree still won't allow semi automated patch set generation.

> > It also makes more sense to start the work in our private tree, so if
> > you get it wrong the impact is massively reduced.
>
> I misunderstood - I thought phpGrouWare was looking for a new arrangement -
> and that  Resight should adapt to it.

phpGW has agreed to do this months ago, but when it happens depends on
when someone has a spare weekend.  As we discussed when we last met, it
makes sense for ReSight to do it in a coordinated was instead of having
to change our internal tree structure twice and allows the timing to be
coordinated.