Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects

From: Dr. Christian Böttger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:30:11 +0200

Hi,

Maât schrieb:

Rather than lock project evolution for religious reasons i think we need to separate the tasks

standard procedures of software design like separation between business logic and storage is NOT "religion". It's a standard method for maintainable software development. It's not just done "for fun". The *lack* of such "religious design ideas" in the eraly years of phpGW is a main reason why we now do have so many bugs and "crap" to fix in phpGW.

We will never get out of the cycle of "it works and solves todays problem" and fixing tons of bugs later if we do not work a bit more on software architecture and software design issues.

Regards

CB aka bofh42

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
Dr. Christian Böttger (Dipl.Phys.) DF5OP        Open Source Broker