Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:42:07 +0200

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
From: Maât address@hidden
Sent: 2008-05-24 16:23:04 CEST
To: address@hidden

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
So - can I please have the nested db-objects?
If you ask me (but i'm just giving my point of view) i would say : *temporarily* yes with the following conditions :

1) we should rewiew/clean/optimize rather quickly the code modifications you suggested so that clone creation and clone release are well controlled (and the number of clones limited) or better if possible : replace the cloning by a cleverer approach that allows multiple requests to be parsed without conflict (and then plan for a replacement of clones where they were used).

2) we should track very seriously :
-- un-needed clones (created and not used)
-- cases where a slight code rework could avoid the clone approach
-- too early cloning
-- too late releasing

3) We should fix the above cases in apps (included ged and property) with a rather high priority in a reasonable time.

I can live with that - but I need some time to analyse and fix the issues.
Could you give a raw estimation of the time that would be needed for that (including the other time constraints because you'll probably have many other things to deal with) ?

If everybody is okay we could branch .18 with the cloning "as is" (and set an alpha freeze on it as skwashd proposed) and agree to work to have this db issue cleaned for the first beta X weeks later ? (X to be defined depending on the time needed to analyse and fix the various issues)

I think that can be a fair line for everybody and that can help phpgroupware move on.

What do people think of that ?

reagrds,

Maât