Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Dirty play: copyright used as patent

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Dirty play: copyright used as patent
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:21:35 +0200

Hi all,

Giorgio Pioda a écrit :

> Hi Sigurd
>
> Just to have a complete information...
>
> What about you and Resight? Do you also apply some kind of copyright / patent
> for the trunk fixes ? The fact that your fixes are not uploaded is related to
> the resistance against this semi-patenting approach?

That's a good question. I have an other one : What are you trying to do
? Killing the project (which is, according to some, almost dead :) ?
Trying to make some Kids play (no it's not me it's you ...) ? The only
thing I know, is when I had worked on phpGW for the GET, it was
EXPLICITLY stated, that the (c) owner of my works had to be the FSF
Foundation (not me nor my contractor, nor my employers). If Resight did
not do that in it's contract, then blame your lawyers. In all cases :
 - It doesn't seems (I could be wrong) that the contributed code from
Dave to the _project_ is (c) to him, but to the FSF.
 - If Dave make some code's in Resight Tree, then it's not a
contribution to the project, since Resight didn't gave us the code back
(AFAIK), So, in That case, I don't care That's it (c)ed to the FSF, to
Dave or to anybody else.

Btw, As stated at the previous Elections of the CT team, they were a
delay of 6 months before new one were organized ... We are approaching
this dead line ... If you want to take over the project, it's time to
contribute to it, not to kill it :).

Regards,

Caeies.