Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Dirty play: copyright used as patent

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Dirty play: copyright used as patent
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:11:36 +0200

Benoit Hamet wrote:
Btw, As stated at the previous Elections of the CT team, they were a
delay of 6 months before new one were organized ... We are approaching
this dead line ... If you want to take over the project, it's time to
contribute to it, not to kill it :).

I don't want to take over - and certainly not kill it.

I think I can fix the ACL which (I believe) is currently broken.

The ACL is designed to handle hierarchical inheritance of rights within locations (sub-modules within the system) in addition to handling of masks for removing permission for a member of a group - where permissions are inherited from the group.

As a first step in having a working ACL (I'm currently unable to test it) - it could be simplified by disabling the inheritance and the mask part of the features.

Maybe we could try to identify the problems (MaĆ¢t has already started) and make a list of tasks to choose from - and make a plan for recovering the system?

Regards

Sigurd