[phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Re: RE: stock_help.png corrupt?

From: Lars
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Re: RE: stock_help.png corrupt?
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:24:28 -0700 (MST)

sigurdne wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 21:55
> Maybe we could use this opportunity to look for some new icons to renew the
> overall design.
>
> This collection looked appealing to me (random hit by a quick google search)

Yes, the crystal clear icon set is beautiful and modern, I'd like to use it for
the next release!

sigurdne wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 21:55
> Also the logo and the login screen seems to be - well - a bit crude.

Actually I'm going to try to find a new look for the setup. This screen I
attached is definitely not a final version.. It's at least created tableless,
uses no JS and will easily be transformed to xhtml. Currently it validates as
HTML 4.01 Transitional but I'd like to have it validate as XHTML.
This will be some work, but I want to do it. I hate HTML that doesn't
validate.. ;) When setup validates I might start to make other modules
tableless and validating.

Regarding the view of it I can't do that much. I ain't good at graphics or
designing modern layouts. I will try to do what I can, though. The screenshot
shows a try, which I do not consider to be good enough. It's not really modern
and contains rather small changes from the original design. But I think, it's
currently not that important, what it looks like. This will in my opinion get
more value, when we get closer to a new release.

sigurdne wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 21:55
> Also - we _COULD_ consider to include a reference to a manual. As an option -
> the 'manual' module can convert odt-files into html on the fly.

Yes, this is a good idea. To be honest I didn't look at this module yet, since
setup will presumably not be able to use it, at least when the db still doesn't
exist. If this is not true, please tell me.

Unfortunately I'll be away from home for the next two weeks and will thus not
be able to do much work for phpGroupWare. But I'll do as much as possible.

Regards,

Lars.

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org