Pingus 0.6 installer for win32

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Pingus 0.6 installer for win32
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:58:17 +0200

Hi folks,
I made a self-extracting .exe with pingus in it for Win32. I used the
installer Ginge committed some time ago. I'm afraid the file is 11 MB in size and trying to upload the files to some free-space-servers didn't work.

So maybe someone of you guys (who can upload files to the pingus webserver) has a big malbox so that I could send it by mail?

To get the 0.6.0 tarball compiled I had to do some changes. I have listed them in the attachement. Sorry for not giving a diff-file, but I didn't find out how to make diffs of directories in Windows (without cvs)...

If anything is fine and there's nothing wrong with my compilation and the installer works, I'd like to compile an official 0.6.0 if noone on the list has objections. That would at last replace the "Sorry, no Win32 Release available" in the Download section on the web site.

Greetings

Björn

P.S.: @Ginge - Maybe I've found a bug in the installer. If you enable "Run Program after installation" the program is being executed in the current directory (where the installer is located). I think it should be executed in the Directory where the program got installed. Otherwise there will be assertion faults because it can't find a data-Directory and such.
In the following I listed the changes I had to make to compile Pingus

0.6.0 on Win32 with MSVC++7

- pingus_main.cxx: the line <path_manager.set_path(".");> has been
                   commented out.

- config.h (win32): <#define HAVE_LIBCLANMIKMOD> has been added for
                    music support

- system.cxx: <char* lang_c = setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, NULL);> has been
              replaced by <char* lang_c = setlocale(LC_CTYPE, NULL);>

- globals.cxx: fullscreen_enabled is always being set to false because
               (at last on my computer) the fullscreen mode crashes
               when switching to another program and then back to
               Pingus.