Re: Mouse click timing on 0.6.0

From: Konrad Dabrowski
Subject: Re: Mouse click timing on 0.6.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:58:56 +0100

David Philippi wrote:
Am Son, 2003-06-15 um 23.41 schrieb Neil Mitchell:

I've had this problem with programs before, including Pingus on Windows.
What it was caused by in the past (in other games) is polling, at too slow
intervals, and the click occuring between the two pollings, resulting in the
user experiencing either bad mouse click timing or having to click hard, or
hold down the mouse for a while.

That's most likely the cause, seems like I should go on about changing
Pingus from polling to event triggered, then it won't be two instances
doing polling at least. On the other hand - those problems may appear on
a P3 333 but on a 1.2 gig machine? That seems very unlikely to me...

I can still click very quickly, so that the click is not registered, but 'average length' clicks seem to work :).