playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] playogg/faq: unclear phrase

From: ineiev
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] playogg/faq: unclear phrase
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 19:55:46 +0000

Hi, Oleg;

Oleg Koptev wrote:
2010/5/6 ineiev <address@hidden>
True. but this does not mean I want the feature. and if I don't,
if I find it desirable for me to remove the feature,
then I may speak of spying.
That's absurd. Just for example - i'm honour Law of crimes in case of
robbery, raping and larceny. But 'cmon, what if i want to kill some people i
really dislike? Please, remove penalty for kill. Just for me. Just for one
day. Okay?

As I mentioned, I don't believe in punishment. if you want to kill
somebody, you need a doctor (provided that the society is sane).

And on the topic, it is not absurd. if I don't want to be tracked,
it is spying, it does not matter whether I get some "compensation".

Your argument would make sense if the program could only
send reports to the owner---then, indeed, it would be absurd
to want to run the program without being reported;
but that is not the case. the feature is minor
and switching it off would not harm main functions.

If you agree with some law you should agree with all law.

How the law is modified, then? the legislators have to agree with
some parts and not to agree with other. and if I'm not a legislator,
nobody cares whether I don't agree with all or
just with a part---I must obey.

  The question was not whether it was good or bad.
and the point is there were no voluntary consent;
it is to confirm that the campaign may call it spying.
heh. when you press Agree you confirm your voluntary agreement.

There was no agreement. whether I was deceived to confirm it
is irrelevant.

Cheers,
Ineiev