playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] playogg/faq: unclear phrase

From: Oleg Koptev
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] playogg/faq: unclear phrase
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 08:55:42 +0400

Hola, Ineiev

2010/5/6 ineiev <address@hidden>
Hi, Oleg;
If our position is well-argued, the campaign pages will probably
take it into account.

Besides that, your humble servant is personally interested
in the information, and after all the campaign is about
educating the people, isn't it?

Sure. I've said that 'cause noone else said nothing here before.

You can claim it if you know about some of them anything that
makes the behaviour unlikely. if this is the case you'd better
enumerate directly their properties incompatible with spying
rather than say that you know them very closely.

Sorry for Your misunderstanding. Of course under 'i know them closely, so i claim they're can't spy' i mean they have so properties. Enumeration is too enough.

You have will to not agree with EULA and press
'No' 'Quit' in anytime.
True. but this does not mean I want the feature. and if I don't,
if I find it desirable for me to remove the feature,
then I may speak of spying.

Sorry, can't catch you! Could you repeat it in Russian?

I'm sorry I could not be clear. in Russian it would be
"Если я соглашаюсь с лицензией в целом, это не значит, что мне
нравится этот пункт. а если он мне не нравится, и я хотел бы
его исключить, я могу говорить о том, что за мной шпионят."

Thanks. I've think there something sensible i miss from Your speach. But no.

That's absurd. Just for example - i'm honour Law of crimes in case of robbery, raping and larceny. But 'cmon, what if i want to kill some people i really dislike? Please, remove penalty for kill. Just for me. Just for one day. Okay?

If you agree with some law you should agree with all law. Dura lex sed lex, isn't it? In case of licensing the same. But you always free not to agree with license. But in whole, unlike only part of it.

 The question was not whether it was good or bad.
and the point is there were no voluntary consent;
it is to confirm that the campaign may call it spying.

The same here.

"Обсуждается не то, хорошо это или нет. дело в том, что
добровольного согласия фактически не было. это подтверждает,
что это можно называть шпионажем."

heh. when you press Agree you confirm your voluntary agreement. If you feel no comfort with license - just quit the installer and/or delete the programm.

I wouldn't speak Russian any more here, though.

Thanks. Me too. I found i understand all your words correctly.

my experience
shows I'm way more polite when speaking English.

I'm not easily frightening one :) jk

The way I meant is of course not to give them power
they'll be able to abuse: use free software.

Absolutely agree.

Vale,
Ineiev

vale? ok. was glad to talk with ya!