Re: [Protux-devel] but can't compile protux

From: tapio laxström
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] but can't compile protux
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:40:13 +0300

Luciano Giordana wrote:
Tapio, in all protux code there is no usage for any openGL component.
Is there a way to avoid checking/prohibiting user from compiling protux
if he doesnt have GL ?

The same happens for MANY components that are check by configure. Thats one of the reasons I delayed so much to adopt autostuff. I am afraid
that some users will not be able to compile protux, even if they have all the
** really ** necessary components.

BTW, I tried to compile the qt-examples and they compile fine, but they dont
use autostuff.
So I download 2 softwares  ( umlmodeler and brahms) that are based on qt and
use autoconf and automake

both failed the same way as protux fails. I checked which qt's I have and I
found out that I have

libqt3-3.0.5-7mdk
libqt3-devel-3.0.5-7mdk
libqt2-2.3.1-29mdk

here is my libqt3 package

I DONT have a libqt2-devel package installed ! Maybe configure is looking for
it ?

I hope these lists help in some way

I'll  study the file list and try to undestand what is going on there.

There have to be way to compile binaries which are linked only with necessary libs. Otherwise it is quite useless piece of software :)

But according to my knowledge (pretty sceary start), GL problem is not caused by autotools; even thoe protux doesn't directly need GL libs, protux needs libGLU which needs libGL. :(
I may be wrong here.

BTW. Have you added '/usr/lib/qt3/lib' to your /etc/ld.so.conf file or to LD_LIBRARY_PATH env?

--
best regards